Our KIC scanner is an indispensable research tool that’s also great for enhancing the quality of reports and papers with crystal clear color and black & white excerpts from books, magazines and journals.
- Scans can be made in black and white, grey scale and in color.
- Documents can be saved in several formats (such as jpg, png, and pdf).
- Optical Character Recognition can be performed, which can result in a searchable pdf or even an audio file of the text (install Microsoft Anna text to speech).
- Files can be downloaded to a thumb drive, uploaded to Google Drive, or the the cloud for retrieval using a QR Code, or sent using email to any "mst.edu" account. Additional information on using Google Drive can be found on the right hand side of this page.
- Thumb drives are available for purchase at the circulation desk.
- The walk-up scanner is located in the Media Center at Wilson Library.
- There is no attached printer.
- Step-by-step directions are provided on the scanner and in the Instructions tab above.
- Ask for assistance in using the scanner at the Media Center or Reference Desk.
Research, Study, Report, Collaborate ... Digitally!
If you are using Google Drive for the first time you must synchronize your password.